Re: Another input method feature needed

From: Štěpán Němec
Subject: Re: Another input method feature needed
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 20:16:05 +0200

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

>>> This is already implemented by dynamically generated Info manuals
>>> in info-help.el.
>>>
>>> You can browse through all available character sets using Info menus
>>> where each character set and each character has a separate Info node
>>> containing the full information.
>>
>> Details?
>> Documentation?
>> NEWS entry?
>> How do I do that?
>
> It's unfinished since after posting it I got no reaction.
> If it turns out to be useful, I could finish it.
> Please note that this virtual Info manual is not a replacement
> of Help.  Help is still better to quickly get the information,
> but for browsing Info is better.

Ah... (you have to admit speaking of that as "this is already
implemented" was a bit confusing).

Yeah, I remember you posting that and me thinking "wow, that looks
useful"; and now that I actually tried it, I'm all for its inclusion.

[it does seem to have some rough edges -- e.g. when I tried browsing the
`ucs' charset, I got `(error ("Can only list 1- and 2-dimensional
charsets"))'; or the weird 8x and 9x ranges in iso-8859-2]

Thanks!

    Štěpán