Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 23:58:09 +0200

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 11:18 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
>> Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 21:10:28 +0200
>> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden

>> > Did you try it?
>>
>> Why do you ask?
>
> Because only by trying and reporting the results you can prove that
> the changes I installed do not fix the problem.

For me this is not about checking if the patch works but more about
convincing you that it does not.

Or, I would be very surprised if it did ;-)

Anyway the easiest way now seems that I take this trouble. I tried to
apply your patch as sent, but I could not get it to work. Maybe you
can just send me that function so I can replace that?

>> It does not at all address the original problem.
>
> I think it does, except that you interpret the ``original problem''
> incorrectly.

Yes, let us see.