Re: Proposal: `buffer-offer-save' be made a permanent-local

From: MON KEY
Subject: Re: Proposal: `buffer-offer-save' be made a permanent-local
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 01:05:13 -0400

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Lennart Borgman
<address@hidden> wrote:

> If you want to look into some of the more eminent parts of the
> difficulties with with multi major modes there are plenty of things
> to look into.

Yes, I'm sure there are. This is to be expected given that the outcome
they are attempting to accomplish is untenable with Emacs' current
limitations. I wish you the best of luck in your ongoing endeavors to
struggle with this. I can assure you though that I certainly won't be
extending my efforts towards pushing that rock up any hills.

> You could for example look at the parser in nxml-mode and see if you
> can get it to parse non-continous parts of a buffer.

I wasn't aware that nxml's parser is broken.
Has anyone informed James Clark?

Why should nxml-mode need to do such a thing?

Isn't this like asking one to construct a lisp interpreter capable of
parsing non-well-formed S-expressions?

Besides, what does nxml's parser have to do with buffer-offer-save
being made permanent local?

--
/s_P\