RE: question about "Making change-major-mode-hook buffer-local whileloca

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: question about "Making change-major-mode-hook buffer-local whilelocally let-bound!"
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 11:31:06 -0700

Also, should this message really be displayed at runtime?  It seems like the
kind of commentary-on-source-code that would be more appropriate for the
byte-compiler.  Why subject runtime users to such commentary?  In the code in
question, this message is shown each time a pp command is used.

And what's the best way to simply silence this message?  (Yes, I know I can flet
`message' etc., but is that the best approach here?)