Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:31:17 +0200

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 4:55 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
>> Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 03:13:07 +0200
>> Cc: address@hidden
>>
>> However please send things like this as attachment. There seem to be a
>> good chance it gets mangled by mail otherwise.
>
> I'm using Emacs to send mail.  Emacs doesn't mangle anything.

OK, if Emacs did not mange anything (or some other mail software in
the route) then the result is this of your latest patch:

- The original "jumping scrolling" is still there (this was expected by me).

- The problems around line 702 in window.c (concerning
visual-line-mode), which I thought you have tried to address are also
still there.

So now we are in this situation:

I have repeatedly asked for any kind of feed back from you about my
patch (which I think is correct). I am not aware that you have sent
any.

Juanma said that I should explain my patch more carefully to you. I
did, but I do not think I have seen any answer to that at all from
anyone.

Stephen has implied that you are afraid that redisplay will be broken
somehow by my patch. You have not said this as far as I know. I think
that might be the case, but I would like you to tell more exactly why
then.

Can you please tell me what you think is the best to do now?
What do others think we can/should do?