Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 13:41:56 +0200

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 13:21, Lennart Borgman
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> So how could I mention what you said? Or should I never mention it?
>
> No, of course I don't mean that (it wasn't private communication,
> after all). It's just that it seems like, because *I* recommended a
> way, Eli *should* have answered. And I'm stressing that my
> recommendation and anyone else's participation on this (or any other)
> conversation are mutually independent events.

It was a hard decision for me to make whether to mention your
recommendation to explain more carefully or not. If I did not mention
it it would have been as if I did not care to explain because your
message somehow implied that too. And when I did mention what you
wrote I might put more pressure on Eli which was not what I wanted.

And if I did not mention it it would have been like I was hopelessly
begging for someone to care about what I have suggested.

So I just did what I did to see if this could move things further
without anyone got too much feelings of being insulted.

>> Yes, it is possible that I am going too fast. The possibilities for
>> misunderstandings are very huge since we mostly do not know each other
>> except for what we read and write here. We do not know much about each
>> others situation.
>
> Agreed. But it is hard to imagine a situation that requires solving
> this scrolling problem in the next few hours ;-)

Yes, if we can get back to that.