Re: Recenter video

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Recenter video
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 02:41:08 +0200

2010/6/23 David Engster <address@hidden>:
> Lennart Borgman writes:
>> Could you please send me the file you are testing with so I can see if
>> this happens here with my patch? (It takes me a bit longer to send you
>> the patch since I have a lot of patches.)
>
> Sure. Have fun with my old diploma thesis. ;-)

Hi Eli and David,

I have now tested with the file you sent me, David. (It scrolls so
slow I can nearly read it though my German is nearly non-existent
now.)

I can see the "jumping scrolling", but the bug here is not the same as
the one I have tried to fix. Here I can see it enters the
"clear_glyph" path in try_scrolling and I think this is what Eli have
been working on.

I have not merged in Eli's changes yet, but now I think I can do that
since it is now clear we have been looking at two different reasons
for the jumping scrolling.

I do not think Eli's changes cure the problem I have seen (but I am
not sure) and my changes alone can't cure your problem (but it cured
the problem I saw when scrolling window.c).

Just to sum things up: We also still have what I called the bug around
 702 in window.c.

For me this was a good step forward. Thanks for sending the file.

- L