Re: Bind "n" and "p" in occur-mode-map

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Bind "n" and "p" in occur-mode-map
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 23:36:32 +0300

> I was thrown off when I realized that occur-mode-map doesn't do
> anything useful with "n" and "p" so I figured they could be bound to
> occur-next and occur-prev respectively. Currently M-n and M-p are
> bound to these functions. Attached is a patch.
>
> Any comments?

There was a plan to converge keybindings of occur and grep/compile.
So maybe grep/compile should bind "n" and "p" as well?  There are
already some letters bound to special commands like `g' bound
to `recompile'.

Oh, no!  I just tried to type `g' in etc/compilation.txt and
it has a disastrous effect - it overwrites the file with the
output of the last compilation command.

I wonder why `g' is bound to `recompile' instead of `revert-buffer'?

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/