Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption

From: David De La Harpe Golden
Subject: Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 23:28:46 +0100

On 25/06/10 22:07, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 20:42:05 +0100
From: David De La Harpe Golden<address@hidden>
CC: address@hidden

Also bear in mind that it is probably keyboard repeat rate
dependent - I don't know your keyboard repeat rate.

I don't know it either, except that it's the highest repeat rate I can
get on Windows XP.

Searching, I see some reports online that the Windows max keyboard repeat rate setting is capped low in the GUI and you need to edit a registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Keyboard\KeyboardSpeed

http://www.pbdr.com/ostips/keyrrate.htm

I don't know if the value is on the exact same scale as the x11 value, but if so, note that 30 is a half to a third the speed I tend to use!