Re: support for git commit --amend/--signoff

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: support for git commit --amend/--signoff
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 12:11:55 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
>> Given that you don't really plan to do anything about it, and I am
>> convinced that it's the wrong solution for the problem based on my
>> personal experience both with this particular feature and from using
>> perforce.
>
> I kinda like Stefan's method better too.

It seems like it would be quite more problematic to script/macro/batch.
Perhaps one needs to think about an argument for non-interactive use
that makes it easy to substitute for the editing of the commit message?
So if one pre-specifies command line options in some manner, the
respective pseudo-lines in the commit message are not generated in the
first place?

That way, one can use Stefan's method by default, but rather
transparently move to as much of Dan's method as one likes.

Anyway, the principal problem appears similar to web forums as opposed
to Usenet.  They seem user-friendly on the surface, but I can't keep up
with more than a few web forums because of time restraints.  Handling
dozens of Usenet groups via gnus, in contrast, is easy.

--
David Kastrup