Re: How can url-show-status be void when (featurep 'url-vars) is t?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: How can url-show-status be void when (featurep 'url-vars) is t?
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 00:06:48 +0200

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 8:08 PM, Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Any ideas how then url-show-status can be void after loading url-vars?
>
> ELISP> (let (url-show-status) (load "url-vars"))
> ELISP> (boundp 'url-show-status)
> nil

Ah, thanks. I managed to move (require 'url-vars) inside the let-clause.

That is pretty easy to do when you are restructuring something. I did
not notice until many months later so I had forgotten about the change
of course.

Wouldn't it be possible for defvar, defcustom etc to detect that situation?