Re: Window configurations

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Window configurations
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:01:41 +0200

> Do you plan to create a branch for your rewrite of window.c?
> It would be very interesting to look at it.

I've now put up a branch called window-pub.  Please have a look.

The major aspects are

- Internal windows exposed in Elisp

- Window resizing moved to Elisp

- Basic support for window groups and compound windows

ChangeLog entries are rudimentary.

The branch does NOT incorporate any of

- the window local buffer list implementation,

- the new semantics for the second argument of `display-buffer',

because I'm afraid that providing these will break things.  It will take
some time to add them ;-)

martin