Re: Async commands in M-x compile

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Async commands in M-x compile
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 09:46:07 +0200

Stefan Monnier skrev 2010-07-01 03.30:
Yes, I understand that. What I don't understand is why this command does
not work when using compile.
It does work, but the command is immediately killed by SIGHUP because
the session is closed.

Indeed.  Maybe we should try and change that (if it's even possible).

But you want SIGHUP to children if for example Emacs dies. To change this is too complex. Bash and ksh has disown to "nohup" children, but it is not portable.

        Jan D.