Re: [vc-git] Showing ‘.git/*’ files in vc-dir

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: [vc-git] Showing ‘.git/*’ files in vc-dir
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 04:32:50 -0400

Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:

> Dan Nicolaescu skrev 2010-07-01 05.06:

>>> Maybe find-file shouldn't add unregistered files to vc-dir buffers.
>>
>> Sure it should, one wants to be able to register those files.
>>

> How about a command and a defcustom to set the default that filters
> out unregistered files in vc-dir?

If someone first shows a clean design and UI for it, sure.
It could be bound to C-u x.

> I almost always have unregistered files (.emacs.desktop for one), and
> thus can't commit from vc-dir ("files must have the same state") as
> bzr on savannah does not accept a list of files in the commit.

What do you mean?
Most commits are lists of files: file(s) + ChangeLog.
You can mark files with m (or M to mark all files in the same state).
After marking at least one item,  C-x v v applies to the list of marked things.