Re: more on anything.el inclusion

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: more on anything.el inclusion
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 11:33:19 -0500 (CDT)

+ Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>:

> You might want to step back, and think about how to present this to
> someone that has not idea what anything.el is, and what it can do.
> (I still don't know after a few emails...)

I can't help explain anything (*), but it has been compared to
quicksilver on the Mac, which I do use. And the problem with
explaining that is that it is (in some ways) so totally different from
traditional computer interfaces that it's almost impossible to
describe it meaningfully. You just have to see it in action. That
doesn't mean you cannot and should not try, but it explains why the
explanations this far fall short.

(Imagine explaining computers and what you can do with them to your
great-great-grandfather.)

(*) I love being able to say that.

- Harald (who is now willing to try anything for himself)