Question

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Question
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 06:15:40 +0200

Hi everyone,

I am on the verge to install a new version of Org mode into the Emacs tree.
This version includes org-babel, a system to work with source code
snippets embedded in files, for documentation purposes, but also
for evaluating them in a reproducible research way.

For supporting different languages, we will have a few emacs lisp
files which should not be compiled because the have dependencies on
code that is not present in Emacs.  I.e. they do something like

   (require 'slime)

and call lots of functions from this package.

I think the best way it to leave these files
uncompiled.  Is this acceptable?  If yes, how do
I exclude them from compilation in the standard
Emacs build process.

How would I do this?

- Carsten