Re: stop using P_, __P in header files

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: stop using P_, __P in header files
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 23:41:58 +0300

> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 19:31:19 +0200
> Cc: Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 17:55, Jan Djärv <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Not sure what you mean, I have no lib-src/ctags.c.  If you mean etags.c, I
> > removed it.
>
> You're right. On Windows, ctags.c is copied from etags.c. I imagine on
> GNU/Linux ctags will be a link to etags, to start it under another
> name, or somesuch.

No, there's no link.  Simply, etags.c is compiled with -DCTAGS on the
command line:

    ## We depend on etags to assure that parallel makes do not write two
    ## etags.o files on top of each other.
    ctags${EXEEXT}: etags${EXEEXT}
            $(CC) ${ALL_CFLAGS} -DCTAGS -DEMACS_NAME="\"GNU Emacs\"" \
              -DVERSION="\"${version}\"" ${srcdir}/etags.c $(GETOPTOBJS) \
              $(REGEXPOBJ) $(LOADLIBES) -o ctags

Btw, that comment doesn't make sense, since no etags.o is produced.