Re: stop using P_, __P in header files

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: stop using P_, __P in header files
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 12:46:35 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Yes, definitely.  I think it's not a good idea to modify prototypes in
> the header files while leaving the implementation in its old K&R form.

[hmm, the original version of this got returned, maybe because of the
400KB attachment, trying without it to see if it makes it, I'll split
the attachment in smaller pieces and send it separately]

I've done most of this.

There are some remaining issues to solve:

- DEFUNs need to be converted by hand, protoize does not know anything about
them.

- the error and message functions in lisp.h are called with variable
  number of arguments, but are defined with a fixed number of arguments.

- xdisp.c cm.c term.c eval.c process.c image.c keyboard.c buffer.c
vm-limit.c get some warnings that looked a bit odd at first sight, so
I didn't check them in (some are due to error/message mentioned
above).  I attach them here in case someone wants to take a look and
fix any issue and check in the conversion.