Re: Update keywords/builtins in python.el to Python v2.7 (patch included

From: Christoph
Subject: Re: Update keywords/builtins in python.el to Python v2.7 (patch included)
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 19:49:26 -0600

On 7/5/2010 4:50 PM, Glenn Morris wrote:

Please include a ChangeLog entry. This is especially necessary since
you have whitespace changes, which makes it hard to see what you
actually changed.

I actually didn't mean to change the whitespace. It seems python.el uses a mixture of spaces and tabs. It's a pain to reproduce some of the indenting the way it is done in the original file. indent-region changes the indenting even more (moves everything further to the right), but I assume the current indenting is done to keep it within 80 columns.

Is a mixture of tabs and spaces allowed?

Maybe someone should convert the tabs to spaces.

Also, I keep saying this, but I strongly advise people to post patches
like this to the bug list, since then they are much less likely to get
forgotten / overlooked. I used to forward things there, but have given
up. If you post things here, you basically rely on people keeping
things in their inbox until dealt with.

By bug list you mean bug-gnu-emacs?

I have attached a revised patch minimizing impact on original code and a changelog entry. Hope this helps clarifying the changes. The callable builtins section is a pain, because of the original formatting.

Christoph