I'm is really I'm

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: I'm is really I'm
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 03:21:15 +0200

I was just copying some text from a pdf file to store in org-mode in
Emacs. Some of the characters are not readable with my font. For
example when pasting something that looked like

  I'm

I got in Emacs

  I‟m

where the middle char is

        character: ‟ (8223, #o20037, #x201f)
preferred charset: unicode-bmp
                   (Unicode Basic Multilingual Plane (U+0000..U+FFFF))
       code point: 0x201F
           syntax: .    which means: punctuation
         category: .:Base
      buffer code: #xE2 #x80 #x9F
        file code: #xE2 #x80 #x9F
                   (encoded by coding system utf-8-unix)
          display: no font available

Obviously this character is normally ' (char 39).

Do we have any tool for replacing such characters in Emacs? Or is
there a better way?