Re: more on anything.el inclusion

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: more on anything.el inclusion
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 11:47:40 -0500

On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 00:02:59 +0200 Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

>> BTW, this might be obvious to you, but for people that have not used
>> the package is not.  Adding a few lines of describing what it does and
>> how to use it is very helpful.  [Please note that this has no relation
>> to getting this package included in Emacs, this is just what a
>> potential user would like].

SM> I haven't delved far enough to give much further details.  I think it
SM> would be good to try and decouple some of those aspects, especially
SM> since I think that some of them could be included in
SM> completion-list-mode (i.e. in the default UI).

Does this mean you'd rather not include anything.el in Emacs?

My view is that the anything.el system, separated from the Emacs
completion mechanism, has significant freedom with plugins and
functionality.  So improving the completion mechanism is not the same as
what anything.el can provide for Emacs users.

Ted