Re: What is emacs architecture ?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: What is emacs architecture ?
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 09:09:14 +0900

Fren Zeee writes:

 > > > Does someone have a UML, FSM or any other pictorial representation, or
 > > > textual representation of the big picture of emacs ?

The best description of the internals of GNU Emacs (aside from the
source, which is of dubious worth for the purpose at hand) is still
the XEmacs Internals Manual.

http://www.xemacs.org/Documentation/21.5/html/internals.html

It's not intensively maintained, and obviously is going to differ from
GNU Emacs in many details.  Being a relatively ancient Info manual,
there are no pictorial representations.  Still, it may be of some use
to you.  Questions and comments welcome (to
<URL:mailto:address@hidden>, please, few of the people on this
list have ever looked at it, I suspect).