Re: Efforts to attract more users?

From: Stuart Hacking
Subject: Re: Efforts to attract more users?
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 15:53:58 +0100

On 8 July 2010 15:26, Stephen J. Turnbull <address@hidden> wrote:
,,,and the fact that there's no regexp search on a short key sequence.  Yes, I know about
C-u C-s; the point is that they don't find out until well after
they've chosen a different editor.

Is there any reason why we can't make C-s and C-r use the regexp equivalents? I've been doing this for some time. Performance is fine and for most strings behaviour is the same as string search. (unless you frequently search for periods or pluses I guess.)

When I first tried the incremental regexp search, I thought it was pretty neat that emacs highlighted the subsequent matches in addition to the current. I'm not sure I could name another editor that does that.

-- Stuart