Include guards

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Include guards
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 20:49:55 +0300

I don't understand the removal of some of the include guards in revno
100751: the "#ifdef ..." guards were removed, but they are still used
and/or defined by src/config.h.

Examples:

  . "#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H" was removed from bidi.c, but
    src/Makefile.in still puts -DHAVE_CONFIG_H into the compilation
    command line.  Moreover, some source files still use it.

  . "#ifdef HAVE_STRING_H" was removed, but src/config.h still uses
    it.

What am I missing here?  What is the plan regarding these guards?