Re: Efforts to attract more users?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Efforts to attract more users?
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 18:42:51 +0200

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 6:09 PM, Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

>>> No, as long as it is totally "reordered" wrt the trunk's version.
>>
>> The reordering is done exactly to make emacsclient.c start Emacs when needed.
>>
>> So I do not understand what you ask for.
>
> I don't have the context for what you are talking about, what code are you
> trying to merge?
> But emacsclient.c is 1800 lines in trunk now, there's no complicated
> algorithms in there.
> It shouldn't be that complicated to use narrow-to-defun and merge function by
> function...

I would be very glad if anyone has time to try to merge my version and
the trunk version.

My version is in two parts, the general part and the w32 part. I
divided it this way to make the merge easier. Please take the files
here, maybe make a temporary bzr repository for those two files and go
ahead:

  http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/DL/C/