Re: Emacs learning curve

From: Tom
Subject: Re: Emacs learning curve
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 10:36:46 +0000 (UTC)

Eli Zaretskii <eliz <at> gnu.org> writes:

> Doesn't the manual help discovering what Emacs can do?  Why do you
> need to search the Internet when you have most of the stuff right
> under your fingertips?

Using established terminology would help here.

Is there a compelling reason to still use yank/kill, instead of copy/cut/paste?
Why do we call the cursor the point? And so on.

These relics of old terminology should be updated to the accepted modern
variants to make the documentation is more accessible for emacs newbies.