Re: Emacs learning curve

From: Tom
Subject: Re: Emacs learning curve
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 17:57:25 +0000 (UTC)

Alfred M. Szmidt <ams <at> gnu.org> writes:

> I doubt that words like yank, kill, point, etc hinder new users from
> using emacs.  The argument seems extremly weak.

As Lennart said before the little things add up. The more unfamiliar
things the new user encounters the more time and effort he needs to
invest to try emacs and it can be a turn off.

There is no reason to use the word yank for an operation which practically
every other system calls paste. It's one of those totally unnecessary
roadblocks for newbies in emacs.