Re: Efforts to attract more users?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Efforts to attract more users?
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 01:43:43 +0200

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 02:28, Lennart Borgman
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I told you at that time how to do the merge. You seemed to believe it
> could be done another way.

Yes, you told me "here's my code, please adapt it to the trunk, as I
don't have time to do it myself" (not exact quote, but that's the
feeling).

> Maybe you are right, but to me the way you
> wanted to do it looked like much more work. I ran out of time.

No, what I wanted was not more work. It was the same amount of work,
but mostly done by you, instead of me.

> I have told some times now that I am not interested in keeping the
> patches. I have thrown away some because I do not have time for all
> the merging.

That does not mean that you haven't forked, only that you don't have
the time to maintain it.

> I do not accuse you of anything.

I didn't say "me".

> Take for example the recent discussion about the display engine. There
> was too many misunderstandings so in the end I thought it was best to
> just drop it.

I remember the discussion. I got the feeling the misunderstandings
were mainly on your part.

    Juanma