Re: Efforts to attract more users?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Efforts to attract more users?
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 16:13:38 +0200

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:
>>> But wxwidgets is ancient, clunky, and bloated, and not something Emacs
>>> should be depending on lightly.
>>
>> I will not pretend to know anything about it but the latest release is
>> from 2010-04-23.
>
> I don't mean it's not maintained.

No I am getting curious. You obviously know more than me about this.
Why do you say wxWidget is ancient? (This is a little bit funny to use
the word "ancient" here when Emacs is so old ;-)

I know people have had negative opinions about it here before. It
looked to me some of it was based on experience, but I am not sure.