Re: Emacs learning curve

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Emacs learning curve
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 19:05:39 +0300

> Using the mouse, on the other hand, is very fast in some cases to copy
> lots of pieces of data. This can only be done, because of the way emacs
> kill-ring-saves text (M-w).

I don't use the mouse because using the keyboard is more convenient.

> BUT: I can see no reason, why `clipboard-kill-ring-save' et al could not
> be bound to a sensible and simple key by default.

That's why I suggested to bind it to the CUA key <C-insert>, and also
to another CUA key `C-c' because using the clipboard is the standard
semantics of these CUA keys.

There are numerous user requests asking for this, the most recent
was just yesterday:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3216081/integrate-emacs-copy-paste-with-system-copy-paste

--
Juri Linkov