Re: Composing Hebrew diacriticals

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Composing Hebrew diacriticals
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 17:17:28 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> > An additional and possibly less ugly path is to use presentation forms
> > when available.(UFB20) There are additional forms in the private use
> > area.

> Hmmm, that seems to be a practical approach provided that
> the presentation forms covers most of frequently used
> character combinations.  I'll try to implement it.

I've just comitted the code to do that.  I tested with the
Arial font and it seems that the most of points you listed
are solved now except for this:

5. This is not Hebrew, but the combining dot above should be composed
with the letter A.

It seems that Arial font doesn't have a glyph of #x307.

When you set both the default font and the font for #x307 to
"dejavu sans mono", #x307 is composed with the preceding
"A".

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden