Re: Efforts to attract more users?

From: Stephen Eilert
Subject: Re: Efforts to attract more users?
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:47:22 -0300

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
> C++ is a badly designed and ugly language.  It would be a shame
> to use it in Emacs.
>
> The reason the GCC developers wanted to use it is for destructors
> and generics.  These aren't much use in Emacs, which has GC and in
> which data types are handled at the Lisp level.

Indeed, I am left wondering why it was even proposed in the first
place. Moving to C++ would be nonsense and a step backwards.

If we are willing to put so much effort on it, modernizing Elisp would
be a better starting point. That's mostly invisible to users and not
relevant to this discussion, however.

-- Stephen

Sent from my Emacs