Re: Emacs learning curve

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Emacs learning curve
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 19:28:34 -0400

You are conflating two separate issue, one of terminology, and one of
non-working features, so are many people in this thread.

The terminology debate will be ongoing for eternity, so I'll sing abit
instead:

| You like potato and I like potahto, you like tomato and I like
| tomahto.  Potato, potahto, tomato, tomahto, let's call the whole
| thing off...

Point being, depending on context we define words to mean things, and
sometimes when taken out of ontext they might mean other things.
Neither is more right nor more wrong, it is just different.

Regarding features, this is infact what people are having problems
with, like yourself and _not_ about terminology.  The most basic
prerequisite for any feature is that it should work without any
configuration, one shouldn't have to define what a tetromino is to
play tetris even though your tetromino might be different from mine.

In your case, CEDET not working out of the box, and being hard to
configure on top of that.  This is a bug, could you file a bug report
so that the problem can be looked at?  If people don't report problems
they experience, then they won't be known.