Re: Efforts to attract more users?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Efforts to attract more users?
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:37:09 +0900

Bernardo Barros <address@hidden> writes:
> many people in the gnu world are using qt4. are there reasons not to
> consider it?

Mostly that there would be no point, as it doesn't offer any significant
advantages over GTK, and has some clear problems -- notably it's a C++
toolkit (I personally like C++, but Emacs is not a C++ app).

[I also have some personal gripes about qt4, e.g., it screws up font
rendering in some cases if you have a ~/.fonts.conf file, but things
like that are presumably bugs, and could theoretically be fixed.]

-Miles

--
Run away!  Run away!