Re: Composing Hebrew diacriticals

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Composing Hebrew diacriticals
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 15:01:48 +0300

> Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 00:10:04 +0300
> From: Yair F <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Currently I'm trying to hunt-down a problem when sometimes when
> transient-mode is active some characters suddenly stop composing.

Is this in a buffer that's bidi-reordered for display?  If so, does
the problem go away if you turn off bidi-display-reordering?

When bidi reordering is in effect, both face resolution and character
composition need to examine buffer text backwards, because text
properties and character compositions are still defined in logical
order.  It's possible that face resolution somehow interferes with
character composition in that case.

Let me know if I can help.