Re: Base patch for bug #5975 (bookmarking from Gnus Article buffer).

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: Base patch for bug #5975 (bookmarking from Gnus Article buffer).
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 10:29:11 +0200

Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:

>>Just for reference, the current (preparatory) patch is below.  I will
>>follow up separately with the gnus/* patch, so it's in the archives.
>
> Here's that patch (still needs the C-w fix referred to in the bug, though).

BTW, generally for all contributors patchs:

if patch WORK and is basically correct and is accepted of course, why
not applying patch as it is and modifying as Emacs developpers like in
one or more little other commits.

Actually:
- contributor send patch
- patch is accepted and applyied after modification by Emacs developers.

Instead:
- Apply contributor patch as it is (if more or less correct and working
of course)
- Make changes you like in other commits.

Like that complete track of what have been done is kept.

--
Thierry Volpiatto
Get my Gnupg key: