Re: Emacs, QT and Cairo Was: Re: Efforts to attract more users?

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Emacs, QT and Cairo Was: Re: Efforts to attract more users?
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 20:04:58 +0200

address@hidden skrev 2010-07-14 18.17:
Chong Yidong<address@hidden>  writes:

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu<address@hidden>  writes:

An alternative way to do some of them would be generating and
rendering SVG images dynamically.  That is possible even now, and more
standard and less platform specific than cairo bindings.

I've been told that librsvg is not useable on Windows, which is
unfortunate.  Otherwise, it would be nice to standardize on SVG for
graphical elements in Emacs.

On that note, it seems imagemagick simply links to librsvg for its svg
support.

But is librsvg really not usable on windoze? Gnome seem to provide
binaries anyway:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/librsvg/2.26/

AFAIK, it uses cairo for rendering and is dependent on lot of other (Gnome) libraries. They are available at the same place, but I don't know exactly which libraries.

        Jan D.