Re: CEDET discoverability

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: CEDET discoverability
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 15:32:42 -0400

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> So the only actually _existing_ keybindings we find in the
> Analyzer/Smart Jump subnode tells us about keybindings that don't
> actually use the analyzer.

The main user command for using the analyzer is `C-c , <SPC>'
(semantic-complete-analyze-inline), described in the previous subsection
2.4.1.  The other commands do not have default keybindings, but that is
no reason not to document them.

The manual documents the following keybindings:

  `C-c , j', `C-c , J', `C-c , l', `C-c , g', `C-c , G', `C-c , p',
  `C-c , n', `C-c , u', `C-c, <SPC>', `C-c , C-w', `C-c , M-w',
  `C-c , C-y', `C-c , r', `C-c , up', `C-c , down',

This is a faily large command set, but bear in mind that some of the
more important pieces of Semantic's functionality involves perform tasks
(such as displaying completions) at idle time.  There are no key
bindings associated with such functionality, so merely looking for
keybindings is misleading.

The fact that Semantic provides some more additional commands, which
have no default keybinding, is not a strike against Semantic (many of
these commands are not bound because they are not as useful, but there
is no reason not to document them).  However, feel free to suggest
keybindings if you like.