Superior Software design and history documentation method Re: Selection

From: Fren Zeee
Subject: Superior Software design and history documentation method Re: Selection changes
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 19:53:23 -0700

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
   I've changed the way Emacs interacts with the X clipboard and selection,
   to bring it in line with how other X applications behave.  For most
   users, the main visible change is that `kill' and `yank' now interact
   with the clipboard.  One advantage of this change is that the
   Cut/Copy/Paste menu bar items are just the usual C-w/M-w/C-y commands.

I have a vague recollection that it worked this way long ago and it
caused problems for users.  That was in the 90s and I don't remember
details.

One of the things that is needed most sorely in the field of software design, esp for "free" software of gnu type is a superior method of software documentation, of operation and evolution. The above exchange emphatically underlines this point.