Re: Emacs, QT and Cairo Was: Re: Efforts to attract more users?

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Emacs, QT and Cairo Was: Re: Efforts to attract more users?
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 09:41:04 +0200

Andrew W. Nosenko skrev 2010-07-16 01.15:
Yet another example: scrollbars.  I remember discussions where better
to place them by default.  But I don't remember anyone who pointed
that position of scrollbars controlled by and desktop environment and
gtkrc (GTK+ semi-analog of xrdb).  Where scrollbar should be?  --
there where the rest of of desktop places it and controlled from the
place where the rest of desktop controlled.  Of course it may and
should be able to be customized on per-application basis and Emacs
here far ahead of the rest.  But...  But why speaking about scrollbar
on the right vs. scrollbar on the left [by default] no one mentioned
third possibility: the desktop default setting?

AFAIK, there is no desktop setting for scroll bar placements in GNOME, or by theme.

        Jan D.