Re: Emacs learning curve

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Emacs learning curve
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 15:15:33 +0300

> I used Vim for five years and then switched to Emacs
> for its great extensions and extensibility.

BTW, there is a famous Latin proverb "NON VI SED ARTE"
that translates as "Not with force but with skill"
or "Not by strength but by guile".  Some organizations
use it as their motto, and even cast in concrete, e.g.

JPEG image

Replacing one word in this phrase with almost a synonym
makes more sense :-)

"NON VI SED EMACS"

--
Juri Linkov