Re: Emacs and Gnome Canvas

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Emacs and Gnome Canvas
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 15:42:53 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

[snip]

> But GC, too, might need to be examined for possible
> incompatibilities with C++ memory management.

C++ memory management requirements are no special compared against to an
embedded Python interpreter or an image rendering library, for
instance. If Emacs' garbage collector doesn't walk into the space that
does not belong to it, there should be no problem as long as the C++
code does not store Emacs objects.

[snip]

>> I want to use Qt.
>
> What for?

For displaying things ;-)

I could go on describing the qualities of Qt that makes it my preferred
choice, but that makes little sense on this ml.