Re: Emacs and Gnome Canvas

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Emacs and Gnome Canvas
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 10:42:58 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>> I could go on describing the qualities of Qt that makes it my preferred
>> choice, but that makes little sense on this ml.
>
> I know what Qt can do, I'm using it in my daytime job all the time.
> What I don't understand is what you need it for in the context of this
> discussion.

Especially when Emacs _already_ uses GTK+ (and thus cairo etc), which
has roughly the same capabilities.

[The impression I got was simply that Óscar liked Qt, which is a fine
reason if it's just a personal project -- but of course there's a much
higher bar for stuff to be integrated into Emacs.]

-Miles

--
Omochiroi!