Re: http access to source code - Where is the FAQ for emacs developers

From: Fren Zeee
Subject: Re: http access to source code - Where is the FAQ for emacs developers ?
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 21:02:19 -0700

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 9:09 AM, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:

> "Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >> Please take this discussion off list.  Thanks.
> >
> > Sorry, I already answered Alin before receiving your mail.
> >
> > For my info: Is there something wrong with pointing to that site?  Is
> > it a no-no?  I know nothing about that site, except that it seems to
> > be what someone told me it was: a mirror of the code in the
> > repository.
>
> There is nothing wrong with pointing to a third-part mirror of the Emacs
> development sources, but extensive discussions about how to use the
> mirror are mostly irrelevant.

Hi, Extensive discussions would automatically with a satisfactory
answer. Which repository do I go to check out the source code trunk at
any past time of consistent files to do a build. I want to prefer to
get the earliest or first emacs released by RMS that is consistent
with today's C libraries, ie which I can build without error on linux.

Is there a FAQ for this newbie so I dont have to ask basic questions ?