Re: A more modest proposal

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: A more modest proposal
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 12:39:16 +0200

Miles Bader skrev 2010-07-23 11.29:
Jan Djärv<address@hidden>  writes:
But minimizing Emacs means you've *stopped* typing. :-)

... and moved on to another frame or application to continue typing there.

Though if you're a keyboard-type, this sort of function is so handy in
_all_ contexts, it seems silly to have it work only in Emacs.... Don't
you define a WM-wide binding to do that?

[e.g. I define C-M-q to do that in the WM.]

To be honest, I seldom iconify windows, I use expose on OSX, or equivalent with Compiz, or I just cycle through them until I find the one I want.

I didn't know of C-x C-z, that is of course sufficient. No need to have two bindings for what is really a seldom used command.

        Jan D.