patch: bug #4831 part 2

From: Will Roberts
Subject: patch: bug #4831 part 2
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 20:45:54 +0200

Hello:

This is my first patch submission to Emacs.  I'd be happy to learn how to do it
better in the future, if you have any comments or criticism.  The patch was
made against the bazaar repository.

Thanks,
Will

A first draft at patching bug #4831 (23.1.50; cursor problems on Mac OS X),
specifically part 2, where characters under the cursor are not seen.

Modified the drawing routines:
* the cursor will be drawn with the frame foreground color if the cursor color
is the same as the current face background color or the frame background color.
* the text over the cursor will be drawn with the frame background color if the
cursor is a filled box, and the cursor color is the same as the text color

== Copyright ==

I happily assign copyright for this code to the FSF.  Please do with it what
you like.

== src/ChangeLog: ==

2010-07-23  Will Roberts  <address@hidden>

        * nsfont.m (nsfont_draw): Change the text color if needed to be
        distinct from the cursor color

        * nsterm.m (ns_draw_window_cursor): Change the cursor color to be
        distinct from the text color