Re: unit test framework

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: unit test framework
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 23:58:20 +0200

> I have some spare time now and can offer to work on integrating ert into
> Emacs; any suggestions where to start?

Try integrating it, provide some example tests in emacs/test.

> Where does a file like ert.el belong?

In emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp, I think.

> Where should the corresponding tests go?

We've been using emacs/test for the (very) few tests we have, so that's
where they should go.

> Should I try to change makefiles to let tests run automatically
> during build?

I don't think so.  You can just try and make "cd test; make" do
something useful.  We can later on decide whether running tests shojuld
be performed as part of routine compilations.

        Stefan