Re: CMake build anyone?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: CMake build anyone?
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 22:47:33 +0200

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 21:44, Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> wrote:

> Based on my experience with LLVM, which build process was more
> convoluted than Emacs', I don't expect problems with the Windows
> build.

I'm starting to think you're an incurable optimist :-)

> AFAIK the Windows build follows the
> same logical steps as the Unix build, but working around the limitations
> of not having autoconf etc.

I think a more accurate description is "most of the same logical
steps, in slightly different ways, in sometimes quite different
order". Windows makefiles are based on old Unixy makefiles. Currently
there are many differences, some trivial, some deeper.

> Okay.

If you make it work, you'll have my gratitude. Maintaining makefiles
is near the bottom on my least-palatable-things-to-do list.

    Juanma