Re: CMake build anyone?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: CMake build anyone?
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 05:42:01 +0200

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 05:07, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> The Windows build requires only `cp' and `rm'

Also makeinfo, etc. if the user wants to build info files.

> I think it's inconvenient even on GNU/Linux.

Well, that means that we will never be able to switch to another build
system; all will have some external requirements.

But I think the point is that Óscar is not proposing switching to it,
but having the two side by side. That has upsides and downsides (one
of them being that you have to maintain two mutually incompatible
build systems, with the oportunity to neglect one of them).

I must confess that I would prefer what I was asking for: a tool to
make (re)generation of the makefiles easier, instead.

Now, I think I know what you will say: that tool exists, and it's
called "sed" ;-)

    Juanma