Re: Please restore `make-obsolete''s functionality.

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Please restore `make-obsolete''s functionality.
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 21:27:06 +0000

Hi, Juanma,

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 10:49:33PM +0200, Juanma Barranquero wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 22:28, Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Please can we remove this Cleverness?  `make-obsolete' also has to work
> > on OLD code (sometimes very old code) written when WHEN was &optional.
> > There are 6 occurances inside CC Mode.  I really don't want to waste my
> > time trying to determine when each of these became obsolete.  There'll be
> > lots elsewhere too, probably.

> Can't you just pass nil?

I suppose so.  It just doesn't seem a very good use of time.  This issue
has been bugging me for ages to an extent just below that which prompts
urgent action.  That's why I'm so annoyed.  There are enough real
problems to solve that we shouldn't have to lose time and temper dealing
with artificial ones.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).